- The soul of an estate
- A unique heritage
- The creations
- Around the estate
- Contact us
- Holiday cottages
Auxerrois 100%. This grape variety is from the same grape family as the Pinot Blanc, but it presents less acidity, more smoothness and a better maturity then the Pinot Blanc.
3 plots in Rorschwihr and 1 in Bergheim on dark chalky soils on heavy loess rock. Deep sandy-clayey soils. East and South East expositions and gentle slope.
The exploitation is led according to the mode of the Organic Agriculture controlled by ECOCERT - FR-BIO-01.
- Colour : Solid yellow, with amber reflection, limpid.
- Aromas : Nice intensity, dried fruits and over-riped, with quince jam expression, wild pear, vanilla, buttered. Remarkable overripening. Hot bread and nuts in second nose.
- Mouth taste : Wonderful first impression on softness and roundness. Concentrated wine, rounded, with hot bread ans fatty sensation. Fine and elegant acidity.
- Wine and food harmony : very good with pies, dumplings, bouchée à la reine, veal cooked with white sauce,... It's also a nice aperitif wine. Can accompany biscuit desserts, pastries,fruit tarts (apricots, plum trees,...).
- Service temperature : 10-11°
- Ageing : 5 years