Pinot Gris 2015 -
Grape vatiety :
Appellation Vendanges Tardives :
Vendanges Tardives (or Late Harvest) is made of overripe grapes. The natur sugar content shall be above 16 % natural alcohol potential. AOC approval tasting is rigourously done in order to insure his excellence.
Parcels situation :
One plot in Bergheim on dark chalky soils on hard calcareous subsoil and Oligocene marly subsoil. Deep, stony, with good vineyard potential. East expositions and gentle slope.
Vineyard work :
The exploitation is led according to the mode of the Organic Agriculture, controlled by ECOCERT - FR-BIO-01.
- Colour : Gold yellow, with orange and amber reflection, limpid.
- Aromas : Really intense, open nose. Full Botrytis expression. Typical nose of dried fruitsor Corynthiand grapes, interesting smell of quince jam and barley sugar. Second smell of exotic fruits, of vanilla, liquorice and caramel.
- Mouth taste : Strong and sweet first eimpression, important savour. As a surprise on such concentrated wine : nice and intensive freshness giving balance to the wine. Intensive liquorice, overripe fruit and quince jam bouquet. Powerful, rich and very long after taste.
- Wine and food harmony : Wonderful alone after lunch or diner. Nice for an exceptional aperitif, with desserts like "Délice feuilleté crousti-fondant tout praliné", "Entremets croustillants aux deux chocolats", "gâteau Chocolet-Framboise",...
- Service température : 8-9°
- Ageing : 10-15 years