- The soul of an estate
- A unique heritage
- The creations
- Around the estate
- Contact us
- Holiday cottages
One wondelful parcel at the top of Rorschwihr (altitude 320 m), on dark chalky-clayed soils with Oligocene marly subsoil and hard-clay subsoil. Very important clay percentage (more then 40%), stony with good vineyard potential. South-east exposition and important slope. Well-known place since the XIV century.
The exploitation is led according to the mode of the Organic Agriculture controlled by ECOCERT - FR-BIO-01.
- Colour : Deep young yellow, with gold reflection, limpid.
- Aromas : Intense nose, first notes very fruity : bush peach, pineappleand grapefruit, evolution on floral style, on buttered nuances, on hazelnut notes,...
- Mouth : Attractive fresh first sensation, then fresh and fruity on notes of grapefruit and bush peach, very round and rich, bodied by its long ageing on lees, bitterness pointing out the grapefruit peel, long after taste built on acidity.
- Wine and food harmony : Will be able to emphasize the entries and dishes worked out containing fish and products of the sea : Nut of St Jacques, Lobster...noble fish : Bar, Burbot, Pike... Will be excellent with a cock with e the Riesling.
- Service temperature : 10°
- Ageing : 5 years. If you like Riesling with a marvellous minerality, you can wait 10 years with this wine.