Riesling 2015 -
Vendanges Tardives / Late Harvest
- Grape vatiety :
Appellation Vendanges Tardives :
Vendanges Tardives (or Late Harvest) is made of overripe grapes. The natur sugar content shall be above 14.5 % natural alcohol potential. AOC approval tasting is rigourously done in order to insure his excellence.
Parcels situation :
One very nice plot in Rorschwihr, on dark chalky soils on heavy loess rock. Deep sandy-clayey soils. East and South East expositions and gentle slope.
Vineyard work :
The exploitation is led according to the mode of the Organic Agriculture, controlled by ECOCERT - FR-BIO-01.
- Colour : Amber intense yellow, with orange and amber reflection, limpid, high density of tears.
- Aromas : Really intense nose between oerripe fruits characters (dried fruits, Corinthians grapes, honey, quince jam and barley sugar) ageing notes (verbena, fried cut grass, camphor) and typical Riesling notes (Mineral, balsamic and camphorated notes, thyme,...).
- Mouth taste : Sweet, but still fresh, long bouquet of camomile, verbena, almond past, camphor,...very surprising wine with high concentration level. Powerful, rich and very long after taste.
- Wine and food harmony : Wonderful alone after lunch or diner. Nice for an exceptional aperitif, with desserts. Try original dishes : gose liver with spargus and mango, calve liver with herbes and shallot cocked with honey.
- Service température : 8-9°
- Ageing : 10-12 years